Got my second shot on, and I'm two weeks away from 'fully-vaccinated'

I write this on the twenty-sixth of April. I feel the need to point this out because well...the surge of posts that'll be following this.

I'm of course a member of the #pfizerGang.

It had been 23 days since I'd gotten my first shot of the vax and I was getting worried. The recommended latest day for the second jab was 42 days after the first, though the efficacy would be bad. And hearing all that from India, friends' families etcetera, I wanted to get it going. Real quick.

So for the last several days I'd been running a script from the internet to get the latest info on the vax and tell me if there were any spots available. This morning, Monday at 6PM Pacific time (I'm still on the Eastern time because why bother etcetera), I got my script started and beep beep beep! It tells me a spot is available. And I register, for...dun...dun...dun. The same day! Registered at 6am for a 1.30pm spot. That was it.

Also told AS about the situation, and he got himself and his siblings registered for the following day! Thanks to the script, four people got to get the vax immediately!

Told the coworkers, headed out of work an hour early, and got in a pleasant busride to the nearby cvs. The lady there was a bit confused how I'd managed to finagle it on the same day, but otherwise it was quite uneventful.

Seven hours after the fact my arms hurt a bit, and I'm afraid I might get the more unpleasant side effects like the person at the CVS said, but besides that, it feels good. Freaking' finally this is going to be over, for me personally. What a fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.