Pike place market

 It's like this cool shopping district/plaza in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle. I like it. It's touristy sure, but clearly not targeted just at the tourists. Lots of local grocery stores, flower shops, specialty bookstores and restaurants, and other places where tourists are unlikely to go generally speaking. So many independent crafts people selling knicknacks. Feels a bit like a local farmer's market as well.

It's way too crowded, but I like it, quite a bit. I went into the japanese bookstore and bought myself an anthology on japanese ghosts. Haven't read it yet, will eventually come around to it.

Obviously it's one of the top places you should go to when in Seattle. It needs a solid day of exploration over the weekend, as most of the temporary stores are not around on weekdays. It's like a maze with seven floors and buildings flowing into one another, probably goes on for a few blocks. Has several breweries and at least two chocolate producing factories that I could see. Probably more.

Cool place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.