Art progress

I'm getting better at sketching, maybe? Just a little bit. Definitely not significantly so, but I can understand the feedback my art teacher gives me, and apply it to my work, and converse with her when she gives more feedback. I understand, more often than not, what's missing in my pieces, and after a good feedback can implement it though it's hard for me to understand how to make a piece better right after looking at it. Earlier today, a classmate told me: wow that's pretty good it actually looks like the cloth you were working on, which maybe could be a backhanded compliment but I took it earnestly and was quite excited. I have learned to do quick sketches, understood that smaller 'outline' sketches are better because they can be done quicker and easier to get the proportions right when drawing the real sketch. If I keep doing this for at least a couple of more quarters -- and I did register for the next one already -- I'm going to be getting better, that is certain. One can always learn, always get better.

What I need to do in art and in life is to decompose the world into simpler shapes and colors, to the basic blocks that build it, to blur out the unnecessary details that distract from the beauty that lies within and focus on what's important. As goes art, so does life.

Just need to keep practicing it consistently, over and over again, every day for some amount of time. Because that's how artists are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.