Parks in the day, city streets at night, that should have been more obvious to me, duhh

I was extremely lazy because of the weather and left going to the office to the last two working days of the week. And because I was so busy with project phoenix work, I went to downtown at night, after 7 or 8 on Thursday and Friday. That's how discovered something that should be so obvious, that should have been caught earlier: the fact that I have made a habit out of walking in the city during the day, and to the park in the evening is one of the silliest decisions I have made for my walking hobby. The sanest, bestest choice is to go to parks during the day, and walk in the city at night.

The reason, to remind myself is this: parks at night are a bit sketchy, the streets are not clear, there's a lot of other activities happening, there's no sun out, there's no young people or anybody else out, there's not much happening specially in the winter. During the day, there's other people, they're much safer, and when sun's out there's nothing more fun than facing it and reading a book and smiling with other sunbathers. Cities are loud, busy and crowded during the day, the sound of vehicles hurts my brain and my ears. At night there's significantly less traffic, the noise is lower, and the best thing is: you get to see other people going about their way, in the bars, on the streets, just chilling with friends, waiting for the restaurants and so forth. People having fun in the big city. Something I've forgotten happens because I'm so set about in my ways.

Now I know better, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.