Oh Olympic statue park, yer in Seattle too!

Oh Olympic park,
the grand jewel of the Elliot Bay
the queen of the western part
of Downtown in Seattle down
How I miss thee
on sunny days,
and on rainy days
when I miss the sea and the water
and remember, oh you exist too!
Walking through your roads,
next to the bay and the sea,
looking at the grain ships
and the barges too,
made one remember,
we live not in a deep dark
green rainforest,
but a lush healthy water town
next to mountains
and lakes and rivers of its own
and oh so many seas too!
I forget every so often
that you are here,
oh and so much do I miss you!

Only twenty minutes of busride
are you away from me
yet it feels like an eternity
the distance between us
sketchy streets and boring boulevards,
heavily-trafficked roads
and rushing trains and cars,
they stand on our way
between the two of us,
and hinder our connection.
Oh Olympic statue park
I love you so,
and in my dreams
I walk through you
every day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.