Stuck in the bad vicious cycle of lack of productivity, drive and sleep, and trying to claw my way back

The last two days I was pretty unproductive from a personal perspective, by which I mean that the Phoenix project didn't make any progress despite it coming to a deadline real quick. There was burnout from too much writing stuff I was not having fun writing. A little too miserable. A break had to be taken,  no other way around recovering my mental energy. I slept and read a lot so it wasn't completely unproductive, but the fact that my project didn't finish was a bit of a hit.

Then this unproductivity made me not want to sleep since I was too conscious of not having anything to show (or posting on this blog until 1am) which meant my sleep was short and of poor quality, which meant I got up tired, and that made my energy levels quite low. I was 'off' for the entire day, being unmotivated and groggy and that in turn reduced my productivity severely. And that's how the vicious cycle continued.

It's worked like that in the past but I figured out how to break through it super quick. By half-assing things in my checklist, the ritualistic things, doing them for doing's sake so eventually my mind can ground itself in the habits and learn to be comfortable sleeping early and going back to what I was doing or enjoying doing. So by today I'm more or less back in the game. Does mean I'm writing ten posts today but it's no big deal, a few posts here, a few posts for the blog and I'm ready as an eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.