The worst momo I've ever made, or possibly had, and the mistakes that led to it

We went to PS's party yesterday, I had prepared rehydrated mushroom chunks, nutri chunks from trader joe's and the 'frozen and then thawed' blocks of tofu I was so eager to make use of. They'd make the best momo fillings, because the texture would be perfect, there was so much anticipation and excitement!

But mistake! There wasn't enough flavorful veggies and spices in the party, not enough onions cabbages and green leafy vegetables, so in the end the mixture tasted of nothing. The ingredients were all flavor soakers and not flavor havers or givers, which was my biggest mistake! It didn't taste like much before going into the momo, and the taste hadn't changed after being steamed as a dumpling. I had followed the meat recipe almost 1-to-1 instead of relying on my vegetarian recipe experience, and that led to the terrible eating experience. I didn't finish even five momos or so, didn't even bother making more dumplings from the rest of the fillings. A second batch was made, it was offered to other guests, and the rest of the momos from the first batch and the fillings were packed and brought home.

I had the rest of the momos for lunch today and they were just as bad. The next time around I need to add more flavorful veggies and spices to the mix, that should have been obvious but it took me such a terrible eating experience at a friend's place to discover it. Oh well. You live you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.