What remains and what's done: how's the website coming along?

Project Phoenix is over. Hurray!

The website is not, there still needs to be not insignificant work put in so it's acceptable to put it out in public. It's okay, I'm nearing the finishing line, a weekend plus a half-week of motivated effort should help me push through. Exciting! I'll be so happy to just stop talking about the project over and over again! It's done, time to forget it!

So what's left? Well I'm quite close to completing what I have planned for the first phase. About 8 hours of writing, in topics I'm comfortable on, 2 hours on harder topics, and maybe 5 hours ish on the tech work? I will basically copy the existing template from one of the flying ones, eventually coming to an end goal. Slow and easy. What will take so much time is posting the individual posts in the website, some significant editing and formatting will have to be done. A little worried that might take forever, but that's a problem for another time. Eventually things will be on my website, that's important to understand!

The second and third phases will be ongoing, 'work in progress' that I'll pick up during weekends and possibly in April once March Madness is over. I don't want to get back to it immediately, writing fiction to get away from dreariness of the technical writing is the plan. Some plans are more aggressive than others, but I'm going to get there easily, none of it is horribly hard.

Why does this matter? Why am I hurting myself, making life miserable focusing on this simple thing? Because I wish the website to reflect my internal image of self, my goals aspirations and understand of what work, life and the world should be like. It's my social media, my linkedin, and my resume. A brilliant opportunity to be seen by the world. A chance to shape my own narrative.

Will have to maintain the website regularly, adding new content every couple of pages too, so that will have to be budgeted and planned out, but for the moment the relief of getting it out of way is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.