Seattle blues is only too real

I was at friend PS's friend yesterday, and the usual squad of him, me and R bro were there. We were talking about how he was the only one taking initiative to invite people and called me out on not organizing anything despite having promised for two months. R bro and I were talking about it on our drive as he dropped me home, and I admitted I had been lazy, and it was the winter blues. He concurred. P has energy, he said, he just moved to this city so it's not sucked him dry of joy and motivation and the social energy yet. We people, you and I are Seattleites, people of the PNW, we've lost the human spirit that takes away the energy to interact with each other, we are awkward fools who have fallen in love with the weather and terroir of the city, but we've forgotten what truly matters the most: socializing with other human beings.

Okay well he didn't really say it in so many words but it was said in the spirit and I heard what he meant. It was so very true, it's not like I actually don't have people to hang out with, I could make a long list and start sending out texts and have a busy few days weeks and weekends, but that hasn't come to be. I've stayed hidden, afraid and too puny. The rainy weather might be my favourite, but it's not the most conducive to spending time with other people. They talk about Seattle freeze, well I have been frozen that is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.