Podcast idea for limited series: ten episodes on one single movie

I won't write down the name of the movie because people will look it up and they'll find this and connect the dots, but... Here's the idea: there's this one movie that I must have watched at least a few dozen times at this point. What if I created a limited-series podcast on it, ten episodes of 20 minutes each, where I unravel one of the various issues. Use it as a mirror of Indian society, the film industry and the context under which it was made. Discuss class and wealth matters, matters of the heart, one of women, and one of fame and greed. Each episode, new topic, all about the same old film. That one...which I don't want to name but it's a great hindi movie. Every episode gets a new guests, friends family acquaintances, and people who will talk to me about movies. 20 minutes of recorded and edited down conversation, though the real talk is going to go for much longer. In the end if the idea works out and there's some sort of traction, we can do 10 more episodes, if not we'll call it a day and close it out. Why. Not?

Except maybe it's going to be a lot of work to plan, run, edit and post those episodes, and I haven't done any of those steps in...ever.  Maybe I can get my sister to do some of the work too. And oh of course we'll need segments in each episode, it won't be us droning on and on about the same thing for 20 minutes. I don't know how to run the segments! What to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.