Born to lead, or to laze around and not do anything?

I've been thinking about this, and I'm quite good at holding people responsible and accountable, to give them solid advice, to change the direction of projects and to envision larger strategies and goals that people themselves may not see. I can also force myself to look at the context around people's circumstances, and see what the ideal way for them would be dependent on their needs, and tell them what to do. And then hold them accountable to their commitments. I can mentor people, quite enjoy doing that, I can advise, I can create visions, I can hold folks accountable, and oh dear I can most certainly plan. I have inspired, I can show the path forward to people, and I can guide people to the path of their choice. In other words, is it possible that I, the shy noob who hides even among the small team meetings of shy engineers, was born to lead, as a mentor, a manager, and an explorer? Is it possible that my interest in telling people to sometimes hedge their bets, to improve their skillsets, to go explore a certain direction, is all motivated by this innate skill and drive to be leading? Am I a born leader, formed to take charge of projects, teams and squads and take them to success and victory? Or are these lamentations of a lazy person who hasn't been able to achieve much else and uses the excuse of wanting to lead as a way to divert self-attention from more important factors one should be focusing on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.