Significant inroads with the training syllabus

I've been working on creating a series of training sessions as a part of an eight-week workshop for new and aspiring software engineers, and the planning is coming to an end! The Fellow with the non-profit, who I've been mentoring this year reminded me that I should work on it (I've asked him to hold me accountable, and he's so good at that), so I had a basic outline created (~800 words) and made chatgpt fill in the details. Some of the details filled were not great, but I was able to take the shit it puked out and got solid planning for 8 sessions, both topic outlines and homework for each class. The goal is to post the planned work out with the rest of my essays on my engineering blog too, which will make the total number of essays 32. I'm almost ready to present it to the trainees, don't even need a powerpoint now since I've got my practice with my mentee, but maybe the workshop attendees will need it. The idea is to put this syllabus out for the non-profit first, then it goes to my website, then I share it with folks at the office, and finally the hope is I will be able to use it to train dozens of trainees at my office every year, because I feel the contents of the training are quite important.

It's unclear if my workplace is going to be receptive to the idea, but the non-profit will likely be more than accepting. Now all I need to do is to find willing candidates who can give me 2+ hours weekly for about 8 weeks contiguous. We will see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.