What do you think is happening?

When you tell me
that you love
talking to me,
considering all has happened
and the general vibe of
how shall we put it
tension (?)
that exists all over,
and the potential in
what might,
because you have thought about it,
and so have I,
it is well-advised to
redirect the compliment away
for we don't want
to get into will-they
or won't-they
and the same old pattern
of mutual disappointment
and regret,
but oh well,
there is mutual interest all around,
we just need to make sure
it's there for all the right reasons
and not you know,
for things some of us want
more than others,
that the rest among us
would prefer very much
to not be aligned in that direction,
maybe you will change
or perhaps I will,
one of us must
surely or else,
it will end in dust,
once
again.
Won't be a surprise,
to be sure,
to anybody.
And so we must ask
to ourselves,
and to one another,
what is it exactly
that you want,
and can this work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.