Perhaps I should go back to low-effort 6 posts a day...

For the past week there's been only four posts a day being posted, because the idea was the rest of the time would go towards working for the website. Unfortunately that's not happened, and even the time that would otherwise have gone towards working on this website seems to be wasted doing nothing as of late. Because it appears that no matter how much I organize my time, how I schedule out my plans, the time taken by something semi-productive is the same: I can spend 3 hours to write the same ok 4 posts, or the 6 posts. If I increase the number of posts, at least the 'time stolen' away into not doing anything good will be less and I'll at least sit down and feel like something good and productive is happening.

Another reason to increase the number of daily posts is that it adds pressure on me, six posts a day is actually not so easy and that'll make me slightly intimidated and not want to complete it. I'll try to procrastinate away from it, into whatever options I have, which is likely going to be actually writing the blog posts to go on my official site. That way I feel good for the site, but also come of as a loser and a thief which is amazing for the ego. Using psychological tricks to trick myself into being slightly more productive and useful.

Or maybe I'll average writing five posts a day... Because the six daily posts average is a train that's left the station quite some time ago. After posting 10 posts a day today I'll need to write 14 more (or 20 more tomorrow) to be able to average out respectable numbers. Five seems like a decent compromise, seeing as how it's almost achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.