Blogger is sluggish af

I've got eight tabs of blogger editor opened up, because I want to remind myself that's the minimum number I need to get out to be respectable. I usually have tens of dozens of tabs running in the background with no trouble.. I do have a developer computer with high-end specs and everything. So I've not experienced sluggish browser or program in a while.

So it's surprising that blogger's causing my browser to be sluggish. Like really so slow, I click on a tab, it takes two seconds to show up. I type a character in the editing window, it's a tenth of second before the display can catch up. Often I'm a lot faster than the screen can update, it's updating a line or two at a time because it's catching up to my typing speed. What a strange turn of events. It's unclear to me what's up with all of this, but I suspect this has to do with blogger.

Wonder what's it doing in the background that makes it so slow. It's not even like I'm showing advanced cutting-edge technologies in these pages. The editor looks simple enough, and there's no 'power use' features anywhere I can see that could justify using so much of my computer resources.

It'd be great if it were doing a spelling-grammar-sanity check of everything I've written in the background, at least I'd be getting something out of the cpu cycles it's taking. Right now it's as if...it's mining bitcoin as it watches 4k HD netflix movie while playing several multiplayer games in parallel. And then some more. I don't understand this. This is annoying. As an engineer who has to deal with things like these, I'm kinda pissed. Google, you should know better. Do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.