Mo on momos

Momos are just alright, specially the vegetable ones. I used to like chicken momos but they stink now literally since I quit eating meat...now and then I'll take a bite and it's just... Not worth it. Nothing good has ever come off by eating momos in the U.S.

...with the exception of VA-made momos, they're great, so good specially the next day after and after and after when fried in a lot of very hot oil, and slathered with the momo ko achaar. Homemade momos don't make me feel bloated and gross and sick. Even though we probably use a lot more oil. Something to consider.

Also, Indian restaurants are selling momos in the U.S now, they are mostly Indian-style momos and honestly don't taste like anything we've come to expect, they're watered-down pale copies of the real thing an indianified masala bomb that misses out on the form and the spirit of the original momochaa. Disappointment after disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.