To the left, to the right

Someone big, yes yes, I saw that man yeah he came in earlier today, went...this way to the left I think, yeah wait maybe not that way exactly. He had a gruff voice yeah? Like an old man who could barely speak but he looked quite fit if you know what I mean like wide an' everything, yes yes that man I saw him, big paunch too. And balding yeh yeh a man of his age i say shouldn't be balding so quick no sir he should not. That's what I sell my tonic for, yes I do. You see my hair, the lush fertile soil of my head it's not natural sir it's all thanks to my tonic. Put in on for every day the last twenty years I have oh yes, and you wouldn't believe me but I have a son who is thirty two now so so you know my age doesn't show not in my hair at all thanks to the tonic, yeess yess here you are another coinn... yes yes you are the most generous sir thank you thank you and and so that man yess yess as I was saying he looked red red as a beet I tell ya' all rushin and huffing and puffing and I says to him says I sir quite in a hurry are we and he looks and me so he looks looks like this in a manner that I will admit scared me a little bit sir. I'm a brave man by god I am but when when a man such as him stares down the looks of me...you you know it's no good so so I goes back a little he says he needs to freshen up and eat and drinks so so I sells him melons and water nurse him to health you might say even. Poor fella' you know looked afraid running away from serious danger it seemed to be I didn't say all of this to him obviously...Melon sir, you look tired it's hot outside today it'll do great for your skin too and keep your head in tip top shape give you energy to run around in this bloody sun oh yeah. So so generous you are sir so generous.

Right that man and so I'm talkin' to him as he eats and drinks and he tells me stories of these strange lands he does and I wasn't born yesterday you know I sees me a tall tale when I see one and I tells him in so many words to this big man I says to him, lookie here fella I may look poor and stupid but I ain't born yesterday you know when you're talking about these strange lands fella all nonsense I sees right through it. He gets a little angry at me he does a little sad too is funny seeing a large man such as him sad and swears up and down on his mother and that and says no no I can prove to you and hands me these...these strange lookin' coin says they ain't made of gold because where they are they don't need gold and just gives 'em to me. So i play with the coin around hit it with my fingers I see it's a solid coin minted well good shine lots of drawing many things written in foreign language and you may think I'm a lowly shopkeeper but I do have a heart of gold you know I judge it for its worth and give him two gourds of water and beaten rice and pickles for the road. At first he's not accepting it says it's too much for the money but I tells him I like the coin he paid me not in money but in company and finally he takes it finally.

So he went...he went this way sir, on the right right yeah I saw him walk out with my very same eyes I saw him walk out in the hot sun and I think to myself there goes a man who I may never see again for he may never survive. But I did him a good deed and one day it'll come back to me and I'm feeling good about myself. Every day I'm doing one good deed sir sometimes feeding the poor clothing the beggars you know all of that, one good dead a day is the path to the god they say if not that it's just good for the heart you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.