Walk to Georgetown

I said I would walk to Georgetown two weeks ago and didn't go. Because of various reasons, chief of which was poor weather but laziness came in close second too. In any case I told people I'd go, didn't and was made for the two weeks that followed.

So with S and V, I did go to Georgetown by feet on Saturday. The sun was warm, not tiringly so, and the timing -- just before noon -- meant not many people were out yet. There weren't too many people out walking which was great. What was not so great was that there were a lot of people without masks just walking around in DC, a region that's had one of the most concentrated number of cases and isn't showing significant. Americans are all not worried about the disease, I concluded, regardless of their creed and race.

It was a pleasant walk, I put on the Stress Relief episode on my earbuds. Noticed the motel in Rosslyn was open, though with physical distancing rules in place. Lots of runners, so many runners all without masks or any kind of protection, most without t-shirts too. Couple of sandwich shops and coffee shops open which was nice, wanted to get something to eat but we were going to get something in Georgetown and lunch could wait.

In Georgetown V and I waited in front of a clothing store where I snapped photos of unclothed mannequins and sent them to P as a proof that I walked to Georgetown. The lyft ride was surprisingly cheap -- back home in less than 10 bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.