Read before posting

I need to read the things I've written before I 'finalize' them. Used to do that and my writing was polished and shiny, now it's like a ball of unpolished crap. Same thing in the inside but a lot gross-looking and strange in shape.

It's not like reading takes a long time. Minor editing doesn't either. The fear was, about a year ago when I started writing seriously, that if I read everything and started editing it the inner editor might come out too strongly and make me embarrassed about my writing. Ultimately discouraging me from writing anything. Quantity over quality, I said, even if that meant explicitly compromising on quality by avoiding reading and editing what I wrote.

Now that writing has become more regular, and I've come to be more comfortable with the countenance of my motivation and content, my acceptance of what I produce is better. This may be bad, but this what I write now, and if even one minute of editing can improve it, it'll give me leveraged gains.

That's what I'm doing from hereon. No obvious grammatical and spelling errors now, possibly. Hurray!

Final note: I gave the above a read before posting, and discovered four minor errors already. Ooof wow this is effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.