People I know are getting famous and youtubed

And I'm soOoO happy for them laa laa laa. SoOoO soOoO sOoO happy. Happy happyhappy.

On a more serious note, people I know -- acquaintances, people I have mutual friends with and who also know me etcetera, are doing great things and getting to be known for it. I don't know if I can call them friends, they never reach out to me. That is exciting. Maybe they'll talk about how I was an inspiration in their stories, or how much of a big impact I had in their lives -- not that I've done any such thing but life's weird you don't know what people think about you --  that's something I'm looking forward to. And they're probably friends with other famous people...not that their fame is any less real than the real celebrities, and I can hit them up and meet them big celebrities. Get my photo taken with real Nepali actresses finally. It's been a ten year wait at this point but I'm hopeful.

There's only mild, a very very mild twinge of jealousy. Yeah, they've made actual accomplishments, written, practiced their craft and been around the 'community' and they deserve every bit of it. Still you can't help wonder, maybe it'll be me on that youtube video with two dozen views, maybe people will give two likes for interviews of me on youtube too. If this sounds like a strange joke, it really isn't. Many a man lives a sad, pathetic life thirsty for any minor drop for recognition he doesn't deserve that he can get.

In other news, I'm thinking of writing like serious things, stories poems deep articles and sending them to journals and then getting interviewed for that. Or maybe i should start my own literary magazine. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.