Decoration plans in the new place

 This is a sneaky way to avoid spending any serious amount of money on furniture or decorations while still having a decent and livable place, but I'm worried I'm going to get carried away a bit by the 'ooh I saved such monies' stratagem and try to create designs to make the place better, that I'll end up spending way more money in the long term. But at least that way I'm spending money on cool new hobbies, improving myself learning new skills and having homemade DIY items to show friends and family, so it won't be as bad as everything else.

My idea is to decorate the apartment the japanese way. Minimalism. So a floor sleeping mattress, a low table with four cushions, a low coffee table which will also act as dinner table as well as working space. Plus a bunch of plants so I don't look like a cheapskate. Also thinking of buying a few wall decorations so you get the 'japanese' vibe, not a 'cheapster' one.

In addition, and I realize the more I write this, the less it sounds like a 'minimalist' vibe, but I am hoping/planning to put in some west-african design patterns in there as well, laser cut a bunch of adinkra symbols using A's cutter, hand stain them and hang them, plus buy cook japanese art and hanging and put them strategically around in the apartment.

Finally, water feature. Of course every self-respecting japanese-inspired designed apartment needs a water feature. Depending on what resources I can scrounge, I'm thinking of either creating a 'tea pot pouring into a teacup' design with 'tea' flowing continuously, some ultrasonic transducers strategically hidden to give it a look of 'steam' as well. Or possibly, just trees, waterfall, etcetera, general scenery inspired from youtube. Probably take artistic worth though, that's hard to come by.

I want to keep this updated. These are my plans for Seattle decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.