Taiwan Pork Chop House Restaurant: A review

This is a review of the Taiwan Pork Chop House restaurant, located in the Chinatown district of NYC in Manhattan.

It's going to be a short and simple restaurant.

Friend NK and I got two large entrees and two appetizers, and we paid a total of twenty dollars, paid in cash as it's a cash-only restaurant. Their seaweed salad was fantastic, and the cucumber-in-garlic-sauce was as got as it gets. I got rice with mushroom sauce, and oof, so good, for the price it was incredible, I could have easily paid twice as much for the large amount of flavorful, well-textured food.

And that's it. Apparently their popcorn chicken is really good, but really I imagine anything in the somewhat short menu would be amazing. It's cash only, and so incredibly affordable I could see myself eating out of this place several days every week over years and years. And why not, healthy nourishing food at prices barely above what would cost you to make it, is that not why most people in NYC don't cook at just eat out?

This is what NYC is to me, this is what New York Chinatown should be about. Affordable authentic fantastic tasting Chinese food that'll make you not want to cook anymore, and appreciate what an amazing world-class city you're living in.

Yes I love this place a bit, yes you should most definitely go here if you're looking for no-frills but great-tasting Chinese food in Chinatown. Just make sure to carry cash in your person, though there are a couple of ATM's nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.