The glx is coming, the glx is coming!

After fifteen year of delays, major cost overruns and changing of what, three, maybe four different contractors, the Boston Green Line Extension is coming to a completion, and it's looking like by the end of this year, or at least the beginning of the next, we'll get most of the routes in the Green Line in Medford and Somerville to open. So exciting! It was supposed to open in 2007, and then in 2015, then in 2019, and now in late 2021, but the construction is coming to an end, significant progress is visible, even they can't fuck it up now it looks like.

Under normal circumstances I'd be very worried about jinxing it, and how this sounds too good to be true. But since I'm not going to be in Boston for the next several months, of course it'll happen the month and year I decide to take leave of temporary absence from the city, obviously. I reverse-jinxed it and by leaving the city I've been in for ten years, I'm finally getting the extension to complete. Hurray, thank me later ya hosers.

There's caveats, decent sized ones. Apparently the service that comes all the way to Tufts won't run full-service due to some track stuff not being able to hold other thingamajig I don't know what don't ask me, so those buses are going to be packed like sardines in the rush hour. Which is like whatever, fine, it'll still be better than what we have right now, which is nothing.

If things work out, it will be the most exciting thing to have happened in general to the city in my stay over the last many years...besides the development of the Seaport district.

Up, up and up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.