Discovery walk failure, Tacobell disappointment, TJ's exploration, Queen Anne hike, an unused coupon [Sun 30]

I write this a week after the fact, a lot of details are bound to be fuzzy and uncertain. I'm using the photos I took of the day and any vague recollection I might have had to fill in the detail. At this point, I'm just writing for the sake of doing this, and totally fine with it. Just get on bruh.

Had the roti-anda breakfast, the A classic in the morning. Got my things in order, and went out on a walk. Tried going to Discovery park without going through the weird yard yet again, but some private company's blocked the path and Google doesn't know that so my attempts were thwarted, yet again. Instead crossed the highway and walked through a super sketchy area, on to Queen Anne.

I hadn't realized Queen Anne was on such a steep hill. And when I say steep hill, I mean realllly steep hill, so much so that you have a hard time climbing it on a regular walk without stopping often. There's stairs, but they're barely any help, they go on for thousands of steps. That was quite an experience.

The one good thing to come off of that exploration was I came across the local Trader Joe's and got to explore it. Apparently not too different from the ones we have in the East Coast, a massive relief, because it's the only grocery store I can identify with from back home (in Boston, I mean).

Got a seltzer there, went to a nearby taco bell and ordered by regular cheap order. Except this time it was seven bucks. I was shocked confused, but also satisfied. Never gonna order again before looking at the menu. Filled in their response form, and asked for the reward of a free KFC spicy chicken sandwich which I could take to A, but apparently it's buy-1-get-1-free, which wasn't too great of a deal for somebody who wanted to buy zero of the burgers. So that coupon went unused.

Went back to A's place, chilled out for a bit. His coworker S was over, talked a bunch with her. She seems like such an intensely cool person, the prototypical west-coaster Seattleite, the stereotype of what you'd consider somebody from here to be. With the hairbuns and the sunburn and everything. Goood stuff.

Slept pretty early on, still on the East Coast time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.