Forever cooking the kimchi stew [Fri 21]

 I write this three weeks after the fact, a lot of details are bound to be fuzzy and uncertain. I'm using the photos I took of the day and any vague recollection I might have had to fill in the detail. At this point, I'm just writing for the sake of doing this, and totally fine with it. Just get on bruh.

The only photos from this day I have is of the Kimchi stew, which could have turned out to be amazing, and almost did, but just because of minor errors it didn't. My goal was to basically finish all the bokchoy, large amount of the kimchi, and tofu I had left in the fridge. And the gochujang and gochugaru. So I looked up the recipe, except replaced the silken tofu with fried extra firm tofu, which was an awful, terrible, bad bad idea, it's unclear why I thought it would work. Also a decent amount of tahini would have rounded it out so well but I had to go all in and dump several spoonfuls which uh gave it too much of a slippery texture. Adding a tone of spices and sourness helped though, but it became a bowl of firewater.

Still good though, and I ended up finishing all of it. Over the course of the next many days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.