Early wakes, complicated lunch, long walk, Tufts grounds, visit friend, friendly chat, mini home-hang, fruits and nuts dinner, night writes [Tue 18]

 I write this the day after this happened.

Got up really early in the morning, listened to podcasts. I've given up on sleeping in because it doesn't make me fresh, and I've been getting decent amount of sleep anyway.

Work was increasingly productive, I'm beginning to figure out the situation with my new team, learning the ropes, setting the ropes rather for others to climb or avoid falling down the deep dangerous pit underneath. For lunch I roasted brussels sprouts, boiled quinoa, and sauteed mushroom. Also made a super blonde roux, for the first time ever in my life -- it was actually pretty decent, and mixed it with the shrooms to make some sort of gravy. Had the quinoa, sprouts, and the mushroom gravy with hot chilly oil for dinner. Honestly, yummm.

After work I wasted a bunch of my time, writing a little but mostly ambling about, because it's starting to get a bit too hot to head out on a walk right at 4.30-5. So I set out at 6.40, to avoid the heat, saw foth I coming to see us on my way out. Took my 'long route', the winterhill-broadway, boston-ave route, except I had to get to 10k steps today because of a competition happening at work. So I took like 10 rounds of the Tufts running tracks near powderhouse. Reached out to SS, told him I'd come over to get my docs, and he said he was around. I showed up, and we ended up talking for like three hours.

At quarter past ten, I made it back home, said hi to the roomies and I and Nd who were also there. Had two pieces of banana and a pbj sandwich for dinner, because I was still full from lunch. Wrote a good number of posts until 12.15, when I wrote the nonsensical poem because i was so sleepy. Decided to call it a night, put something on my phone, probably the office, and had a very sound sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.