Noah's Kitchen lunch with the Chinese software team [Sat 8]

 Was in bed watching British comedy until noon, when two of my mentees from a software team I'd guided last summer picked me up. We talked for an hour before driving down to Brookline, to get to Noan's Chinese Kitchen for a very Sichuanese lunch.

Most of their conversations involved microsoft and amazon because that's where they worked at, and one of them was traveling to Seattle soon, so I gave them some guidance and advice on what to do.

In Brookline, we got nice seats, ordered a bunch of items that we promptly finished, and were over by just one extra bowl of rice for the table. We talked about their newfound careers, they asked me for career advice, and I told them how they should be watching our for themselves first and foremost and look at their work life in a more holistic manner rather than as a super-focused technical contributor.

They wanted to get desserts as well, but I was too tired. I contacted JD to see if they were free but due to miscommunication, didn't receive the return call. They dropped me at home, I napped a bunch, watched more tv shows, before finally falling asleep at a very reasonable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.