Noah's kitchen review

This is a review of Noah's Kitchen restaurant in Brookline Village.

When I went to this place on a Saturday morning -- with two of my Chinese friends -- every other patron in the restaurant besides me appeared to be of Chinese origin. At 11.30 in the morning. Which says a lot about the quality and authenticity of the place than I could ever describe. This place is real, mostly Sichuan cuisine, but they've got a smattering of Hainanese options as well.

So much rice, so much food, so much passion in there food. You can tell that they opened the place, and this is a recently-opened restaurant which hasn't seen much non-Covid times, with the intention to serve a limited menu of well-worked foods, no bullshit. Mapo tofu, number one. Fried potatoes, freakin' fantastic. Sichuan stews, quite good. As Chinese restaurants in the area go, it's a solid 9.

I'm not sure if this is the best Chinese/Sichuan restaurant I've been to, that award still goes to the former Hot Eastern which has been rebranded with a different name. But this newcomer would definitely fall into the top four in the Boston area, which is a far bigger compliment than it might otherwise seem. That's some high respect for the place.

My complaints: they were far too busy, even on what one hoped would be easy hours, their choices of drinks wasn't too broad, and the dessert options are almost non-existent.

But allow me to suggest that those are not the reasons you would go to this place anyway. Solid food, at decent prices, we want this, a solid recommendation from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.