Review of Revnant brewing

This is a review of the Revnant Brewing at Bow Market in Somerville Union Square.

Here's a quick summary of my relationship with the place: I've been there on maybe four/five occasions, and never once, not even one single time have I not had a fantastic fucking time. Nothing short of absolutely amazing time. Take it as you will, it probably says a lot more about me than it does about the place, but here we are.

I remember three distinct occasions when we've been there: the first time when I barely knew SS (nh), when sbk introduced ss and her classmates to us and we went there, got mightily buzzed in the bar, then went upstairs to dance. No dancing happened, but sparks flew, and it was great.

The second time was a year and a half ago when ss and td and sr and I went to the place to start our New Year's eve plans. Our plan was to bar hop across seven or eight different place, but we uhhh ended up having to much fun too early on, and went to bed 8.30 that night. It was hilarious, a day to remember for the ages, but the three hours we spent there were so goddamn fun.

The third time I went with Sk (union) the other day, and it was an amazing time too. Despite her not being a fan of beers, she really enjoyed the brews they had.

Now on to review.

This place makes amazing beers, never once have I been disappointed by their magical brews. Their specialty is sour beers: my introduction, and 'expertise' -- haah, if I may -- in them is because of this place. Like really great, fruity beers, sour but tasty, not enough of the beer aftertaste, makes you want to keep drinking more because them drinks don't taste like beer at all. But enough like beer that if you're a fan of them hopps, you'll have a good time as well.

Plus, it's a bring-your-own-food place, which is pretty awesome in this day and age right? Why don't other places have this?! There should be takeout places that don't have seating that only sell food, and bars that make really top-quality drinks that don't sell food, and they should co-exist in perfect synergy. You save on the restaurant seating spaces, and we will avoid the low-margins on the food. Win win win. All the way to the bank.

So yeah, Revnant brewing is great, just go if you're around and reading this! Even if you don't like beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.