Getting out of the apartment

 Apparently it's the case with everybody and not just me, but on some weekends I barely leave the apartment, my only commute is between my bedroom the bathroom and the kitchen. I don't talk to anybody in real life -- all conversations are virtual or on the phone, and there's nothing sort of remotely resembling 'productive work' that I do. It's all about youtube videos that don't add any value in my happiness or skills, or some other addictive bullshit I know I should not be doing but these things suck me hard and it's tough okay these carefully crafted technological miracles are not easy to distangle yourself with because they've got your psychology all figured out.

In the end of those weekends I feel terrible, a lazy slob who does nothing, a good for nothing who cares not for his work, nor personal growth and likes to chill on his bed watching old cartoons and other bullshit. Reminds me of that Anthony Bourdain quote, where he basically said that his entire life is a rebellion against the lazy bum he knows he's got inside him who just wants to stay home smoking weed watching old cartoons all day long.

Well at least I don't really smoke weed, so we're a step ahead there. But I do really need to rebel again this inner lazy dullard with greater ferocity, the greater I give in to him, the bigger of a mess my plans become, until all motivation is sapped away from me and soon enough I'm having trouble getting up at 9am on a work day. I sometimes spend an entire work day from my bed, and that's no good, very very bad, it's awful, and I don't want that kind of crap to ever happen to me again.

Which is why self-motivation is important, which is why productivity for the sake of one's own self if of utmost important, why doing other things that one can look forward to are important to have. Because they will make you get out of the bed, make a nice brunch, eat it, and sit down for more productive day during the later parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.