A party invitation, to a. real. party. where. people. rsvp. At this day and age? Insane!

It'll be a short one. We have reached a stage where one wants to improve, writing and other skills, one desires to write fiction, and be known, respected and seen by the world. Oh but the gods throw wrench after wrench, such as the fucking writing class, registered after so long, gets cancelled. How? Why? How often does this even happen, and well...we can't say why me...but why now all of a sudden just when one had gotten their shit together.

Right. Back to point. Which was...what...exactly? Does it matter? Oh starting in February -- oh perhaps only for the month of February while I get my website writing done -- I'm reducing the quantity of my daily writing and hopefully upping the quality of the writing...4 posts a day, instead of 6. Doesn't sound much, but with the journal post removed, it's a difference between 3 posts a day and six which seems...reasonable. The hope is, when I'm used to the habit of actually writing good stuff at pace, for the one month of Feb...doubt it'll happen but I'll wish this into existence, I swear, I'll keep writing well.

Where was I. Right.

Oh yeah. So I got invited, to a houseparty, with 30+ people attending. A full-on house party like they have in college or a few years after, until everybody tires out then there's a global fucking pandemic and you move to Seattle where you have a good time, but no more large gatherings of people and you regret the days where you were out and about meeting friends of friends and their friends who would want you to ask their numbers and look at you expectantly but ohhh no, not you nuh uh you'd shy away and things would fizzle out and everybody would end up disappointed but you'd be too good for it until years later ohh.so.regretful. Who knows, they may have failed, but they might have worked out. Ah well, one lives, one learns.

So I'm going obviously, what's the strategy for talking and socializing these days even, how do you interact with a big group of people, what topics are hot and how do you convince people to hang out with you later? Take chips? Talk about how you brew your own stuff? Not talk at all and let them talk throughout? but then they might get bored and not want to hang out with you later? Can you sell better with your patter, or by paying attention? How desperate is one to make friends? Is this all a bit...too much? Gosh. Solitary confinement is a harsh punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.