Adding diverse proteins to my diet

Protein intake has been a little lower than usual, with dal being too boring and beans so old-fashioned and repetitive to eat. But then in a bit of a co-incidence, my decision to avoid eggs also coincided with the whole situation, plus tofu was taking a long time to ferment. Which meant that the protein intake in the past two weeks or so was much lower than the recommended amounts. Probably why my knee took forever to recover, due to the proper nutrition.

It's being turned around now. Chickpea-based sattu and protein powder will be brought back into the diet, and so will eggs and home-made yogurt, because that needs to so start again. Plus I don't really hate beans, just the boring versions, and chickpeas (or any beans) in sour sauces is such a refreshing twist on an old dish, I can't help but gobble gobble. So for the next several weeks I'll be on a high-protein diet, with the intention of building stronger muscles and gaining body mass while increasing physical workouts. The hope is that the knee recovers, and I can push hard with the physical workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.