I don't feel like writing or doing anything productive

There's been a second round of layoffs at work, and that's put me in a mood. Didn't do my complete regular walk -- though to be fair it was partly to do with my knees still hurting -- and didn't write or work on my website either. And it's possible the initial low mood was because of lack of sleep for the last several days, which I have fixed by taking a nice long nap this evening. And deciding to not do anything productive but watch tv and relax.

My apartment is strewn with furniture, which is not ideal, I haven't hung out with people, I don't have many friends left in this fucking town anyway, and all of a sudden there's the uncertainty of what's going to happen to my visa if something rather not-great happens to my team.

It's reasonable, I hope, to feel like not writing or doing productive.

Obviously working on the website is important because it's the anti-dote to the uncertainties, as it increases job opportunities. But like...meh? So freaking annoying, everything.

I will say this: it's unclear if it's just me, or the weather, or something else, but the winters are taking their toll on me, this is usually not my social life in the summers. Though maybe...my circumstances...have changed? Perhaps this is an opportunity for me to be flexible and expand my friend circles. Actually reach out to people and work hard to maintain and create new social connections.

Ugh. guh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.