My new furniture's here, a hell of a time it'll be to assmeble them

My furniture's here! I dragged the 60lbs of bed up the four floors, ready to die, and the 20lbs of the dresser which was so much easier, earlier today.

Concerns, considerations, I have a few. First, will I need extra tools to assemble the bed, and what tools exactly do I ask at the store. Second, how long should it take to assemble because I'm afraid I'll end up spending the entirety of the day setting it up and still not get it right. Might have to sleep in my living room for days and weeks because my bedroom will be in a state of assembly. And what if, after all of this, the assembly fails, my shoddy handiwork is thwarted by my bodily wait, and on night I wake up on the floor, the wooden legs having been crushed.

This is, unfortunately for me, the first time I'm assembling furniture all by myself. Every occasions before this I've done it for friends or their friends, or other people. It's a lot easier when you're doing it for other people because you're not as invested, you don't have to worry about where you'll be sleeping for the night should the assembly fail, and so on. But that option's not available for me.

Oh then to assemble the drawer, maybe it'll be fine, or maybe it looks like shit and I have wasted hundreds of dollars on trash, spending hours assembling it, all for naught!

Finally, I'll have to orgranize the bedroom, no more excuses, things are getting real at that point.

The scariest of all is the fact that there's going to be an unfinished bed in my living room for who knows how long. Will I get it done in six hours? Where am I going to find six hours of focused downtime to assemble it? What if it doesn't get done for weeks? What if it's supposed to take like 30 minutes of an average man, and I take twenty times that number. It's certainly possible!

So many issues on the horizon, wish. me. lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.