More on the work situation, and it turning out to be alright

One of the books I read recently told me to remind myself every so often: don't be so dramatic! things will be fine! You are probably exaggerating the impact of things, and their immediacy, just so you can use this as an excuse to shirk of your everyday responsibilities and goals. Relax, focus on the present, what you need to do. You are here, and now. Relax. Breathe. Chill. Breathe in, out. In. Pause. Out. If you know meditation techniques, do that. Feeling better?

The work situation that I was feeling gloomy and scared about on Tuesday, it turns out perhaps there was some overreaction from my side to it. The sky hasn't fallen (yet!) and if it does, there's no holding it up. It's one of the things I cannot change. I can change however is the mental state of being that is living in constant fear, and live more flexibly, fearlessly, ready to take on challenges by the horn and smash them by their butt.

So the work situation, there's no urgent need to freak out with great immediacy. Eventually, at some point, things might get less-than-ideal. That point is faraway, and not important. Not for right now. Breathe. Relax. Chill. Remember, you are a winner.  This. Too. Shall. Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.