I need to get better at unwinding and disconnecting

The problem with burnout is one's productivity and enjoyment of life degrades considerably. It takes a long time to recover from it, and even then one is not in one's full form as before. The way to avoid burnout -- and we're talking in a matter of days, not over a lifetime, maybe even hours -- is to take short powerful unwinding breaks. As in, if I've been writing for an hour, I should go out to walk for 15 minutes, maybe work out, talk to friends, flirt, whatever, before trying to come back to write. Because otherwise I'm in this strained and stressed out mental stage and my body isn't as capable.

I never do that. As in, literally, never ever. I don't take breaks. So undisciplined about. I've got on my calendar, on yeah, for years, but never take it. It doesn't come up. Because I'm too lazy and undisciplined. And feel that not taking a break is actually better but no. Over longer periods, taking break, unwinding and disconnecting is good because it opens up your mind to grater possibilities, it allows your brain cells to relax from one-track thinking. Improves creativity, connectivity, social skills and so much more. Why I'm not doing this, unclear. This is something that needs to be looked at. Stat.

Starting this week. Oh and the Savour technique from Good Mythical Morning as well. I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.