I should act in real life, to bump up confidence

This is something that was brought up in Tinker Doodle Dabble Try, but also is an advice given to creative professionals (or boring professionals who want the spark of creativity in their lives): to act. Not necessarily in the stage, no no, and maybe not even exclusively then. To act in real life, temporarily. To take somebody else's place, think from their perspective, become them. Be in somebody else's skin, not exactly but similar to that wolf who tricked the shepherd boy. Pretend for a day or two I'm a successful entrepreneur, and interact with people under that mindset. Or convince myself I'm a really outgoing and gregarious person who loves meeting new people, and doesn't mind if people make fun of him or hate him for it. What does it matter if that character gets the hate, it's not me, and it'll be limited risk anyway.

I must act, change form, be water, take the shape of the container that I wish to take form of, and become it, without ever fully understanding it. In the past I've said I'm like water and adjust myself to fill the vessel of people that surround me. Now I must become water and take the shape of the vessels I've never encountered and present myself as a vessel to other vessels and waters.

If nothing else it'll be a cute little fun adventure worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.