I should make use of more metaphors in my writing and conversations

Here's the thing: good analogies and metaphors are signs of creativity, and they trigger the creative cells by forcing the brain to make more ridiculous connections. My interest in making the most ridiculous connections and outlandish metaphors is what made me start this blog in the first place. There was some attempt at humor, yes, but mostly it was an avenue for me to practice my metaphors. Like how a rhinoceros might sharpen its horn against  hard rocks. No idea if it does that, but you get the gist.

Metaphors add a spice to daily conversations and writing that elevates one's writing, adds a bit of lightheartedness and humor to otherwise boring and drab work. They add depth, color, and personality. Like eating colorful flowering plants does to an elephant's poop. And just like those flowers, they make the smell better too!

Being bridled by expectations of certain kinds of posts in a certain period of time has made me forget how I originally wanted to shape my writing. However, the response to that is not extreme overcorrection and never write again, or stop writing for six months either, because that doesn't help with anything. It's to create a space, a void inside me, my writing, and personality. Leave space open for silliness, goofiness, and being okay sounding like a third-rate moron. Like a crow that shits on people, except if the shit was actually quite a pleasant face moisturizer. Or something like that. You get the gist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.