Review of Wunderground cafe, Seattle

Some places don't look great on paper, and their online reviews are terrible but when you're there you realize actually everybody else is a moron and the place is wonderful. Wunderground cafe was not that. It was pretty decently well reviewed and turned out to be quite mediocre.

I got one of their sandwiches, for thirteen bucks, fifteen including tips, I was expecting a sizeable portion of food, and maybe some sides. Nope, it was a small thing that could have acted as an appetizer elsewhere and only teased my palette and made me hungrier if anything else. The 'non-table' chairs to sit down are weird, almost as if they were designed to discourage customers from sitting too long. The place was crowded for far too long, but didn't have a cosy vibe at all...there's so much empty space and echoey cement there, it could pass as a small warehouse at nights.

There were a lot of customers there who were chatting and had a good time. We stayed there for two hours, PG and I, and had a good time. But it was in spite of the place and not because of it. It's not specially affordable -- even for the area, there are better places with comparable pricing and better food -- it's not got an ambiance to vie for, the service was bare and half-hearted, and one wonders...what's even happening here. It's targeted at the mushroom-loving crowd, I understand, but the whole situation felt less than ideal.

7.5/10, I might give it a second chance, but not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.