Food options getting boring, must diversify cooking

My diet has been extremely boring and a bit plant for the last three weeks. It's been kodo and buckwheat pancakes with kimchi, achaars; rice with various veggies and achaars and kimchi, and oats with the same. I've eaten yogurt every so often, and fruits and vegetables with most meals of course, but I'm getting bored and tired of the mix. It's not necessarily bland, no, but so 'same-same', nothing exciting to tingle the senses, nothing wild and unexpected to make one feel shameful. Not that I should be eating what is bad for me of course, but I wish there was more variety, more interesting techniques and ingredients, more 'classes' of food included in my meals. Dumplings, I promised I'd make them and have explored them but why haven't I made them? 

I really need to throw a curveball in my cooking, something that makes me look forward to my meals and not be just tired and hopeless at the ever unending cycle of eating same predictable healthy and appetizing but unchanging meals. I must innovate, recreate, rethink my culinary life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.