I should be able to train an ML model to help me improve my writing!

Here's the plan, gang: my writing is mediocre and barely-readable in the best of times. So how about I train an LLM (large-learning model) on my past works to make it understand what I'm doing wrong, and use it as a teacher to guide me to improve my writing. It's unclear what the process of training it to do so would look like, perhaps I'd just dump my writing and ask it to make recommendations. Or maybe this inspires me to explore into LLM's further.

The idea is that LLM's cannot replace human teachers who can give exact to-the-point feedback and guidance on how to improve one's skills, including for writing. What they are, however, is better than nothing. So somebody would be able to evaluate if they need an instructor in english writing by first using the LLM for guidance. If there's reasonable success, then maybe a human teacher could take them to the next level. And if the LLM is just completely rewriting one's work, perhaps more effort needs to be made to get caught up to a decent level before seeing a paid teacher.

That's my plan: to create a teacher for myself much like Eklavya in the story of Mahabharata who created his teacher out of clay when Drona refused to teach him archery. Except this Eklavya is creating and artificial teacher to evaluate how to make the most use out of a human teacher and improve the quickest.

Hopefully this will be a work in progress, because I'm so pumped to explore this idea more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.