Just use templates man

There has been no need to organize and structure the posts published in this blog because they're for me. Any reader who comes across these posts is incidental, accidental even, and these words are written not for their sake but for mine, the future me.

But when I'm writing for my website, that won't be the case anymore. I don't get to sound like a moron anymore, I'll need a proper introduction, a body with several paragraphs, and a conclusion. The pieces can't be too boring, or too repetitive, they can't be grammatically incorrect or experimental, and one cannot play around with 'interesting' structures, because that sort of cheap tricks is not what the readers of technical engineering blogs care for. It must be to-the-point, reflect accurately what is promised in the title, and give the readers the value for their time invested in reading. Which means writing them is going to be extra hard: I will need to organize them, structure them, think about what goes where and so on.

The concept of writing templates is relevant there. Writing templates are basically 'structural example / skeleton' that are pre-created to suit a genre or a type of writing style. The writer doesn't get to or have to think about how they want to structure their piece, or what material themes they might want to introduce. They 'plug in' their specific topic material into the template, and bam! they have a written well-organized and structure piece come out of it.

Many serious authors consider it hacky and cheap, something for the lazy and untalented to do, but that's where I find myself in the current scenario, with too many real posts to write than my mind can handle. What is there to do even besides that?

Therefore my plan is to just create a bunch of templates for the pieces i want to write, and fill them out as I pad out the contents of the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.