Dave's Hot Chicken Capitol Hill Seattle: A review

Dave's Hot Chicken opened recently in the neighborhood, replacing a casual fast food place that nobody ever went to. I didn't see anybody there anyway. Dave's on the other hand, has people lining up outside in the coldest of days for hours, just waiting to order. It's another half hour on a good day to receive your order.

Friday evening, I had to go to work to tap in, and the crowd seemed thin, the perfect opportunity to go. Low-stakes and low effort. Oops. Had to wait in the line for fifteen minutes, then had to repeat the order twice to make sure they got it. Vegetarian dave's sliders, I said, twice. Surely they wouldn't mess that up.

Waited for twenty-five minutes after that for my food to arrive. This is not for the impatient, that is for sure. Eventually it was my turn, I left the seat for about ten seconds to pick up the food, and by the time I was back, the seat had been taken. Ah well. It was time for standing tables for me.

The veggie chicken was so good, it was suspicious. Too good and juicy it was. Turns out it was too good to be true, they messed up the order and gave me chicken. The fries were just okay, maybe it was the disappointment of getting the wrong order, or maybe my tiny appetite was satiated by the first bite of meat in years, but I picked up a few fries from my order, and threw it all out.

The manager/owner of the place is really quite hands-on and takes care of the customers, so that's one thing I like about the place. They messed my order despite me repeating it, I should have checked, oh well. The sandwich wasn't anything to die for, the spices were decent, the texture was great. The fries were just meh. I paid 11 bucks for chicken slider and fries. With a shake it'd have been fifteen. The wait was quite long too.

If one's a fan of fast food chicken sandwiches, or into trendy foods and restaurants, or has the patience to wait for hours for their food, this is the place to be. Otherwise, I'd skip it.

7/10 for the entire experience. 8.5/10 for the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.