Must. Be. Flexible. With. My. Indentities.

Shiva's Game of Dice suggests the difference between gods and humans is Gods have a fixed identity, that of the immortal super-beings, and we humans don't, we are not bound by rocks or rules of heaven, and we can be whoever we want to become, within reasonable bounds, and change identities like a chameleon changes its colors. Even in the same moment we can hold multiple identities with ourselves without them clashing. The benefits of having flexible self-identities are such that even Gods come down to earth by taking human forms, often those forms taking other 'fake' identities, because they too want to experience the freedom of being, and changing one's being.

Something very similar was said by Srini Pillay in Tinker Doodle Dabble Try: that one's identity must be less rigid and more open to changing under changing circumstances if one wants to succeed. It must not be unyielding, uncompromising, unchanging and fixed. We are not made of stones, we aren't bounded by steel in choosing to be who we are and how we are.

I should be more flexible with my identities. It doesn't matter who "I" am, I can be whoever I want to be, temporarily so, if it so benefits me. It's not of much significance that board games aren't might thing and not my people, should the circumstances present me opportunities to benefit were I to get into boarding, I should do that. And so on and so forth.

The way to getting through tight spots is flexible motion and adapting circumstances. Given the choice, why would anyone choose to not be adaptive, and choose too work for only a given set of circumstances. Not met. That would be sunny.

I need to reform and recreate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.