Plants are fed, hau hau groceries [Sun 28]

mula and karela with quinoa and rice for lunch, aborted plans, picking up the furniture, plants, hau hau shopping, yummy banh mi dinner, sketching practice, evening walk, relaxing and writing and reading before bed

Writing this the evening of the following day, I've had a hard time getting myself to write or do anything productive at work, and the project for Greater Phoenix isn't going well...to say the least. Hopefully I can make up for today's lost posts tomorrow...

Got up early, talked to family, supported sister and went back to bed. Read a bunch of books in the morning and had mula and karela with quinoa and rice for lunch, with crispy chilly oil dumped in. Had made plans with AD to hang out with him and S, but he got sick and the plan was terminated. No worries, I had to pick up 80lbs of furniture from home depot and Target and carry them up four flights of stairs anyway.

Around noon I watered the plants, made a few cuttings and checked the state of my greenery, they had been ignored mostly for the winter as they were dormant and weren't consuming much water and doing anything exciting, but the relative humidity is decreasing, the temperature and brightness is increasing, so it's time to water them and repot them. My plan for this season is to trim a bunch of plants in a few weeks and heavily fertilize during the summer, so come late summer or fall, they really thrive.

Went to Hau Hau market to do groceries, bought four different kinds of greens, radish, karelas, iskuss, raw bamboo and other goodies. If I end up eating all of them...I mean I obviously will, why is an if there, in a good amount of time, I won't need to worry about my diet ever again. I'll finally consider myself a goddamn adult capable of taking care of myself and other people, and celebrate accordingly.

On my way back, stopped by the banh mi place, picked up the 6-dollar banh mi and had it at home. So. Freaking. Good. And satisfying. At this rate I'll be running through my regular groceries just so there's a reason to buy from Hau Hau, and get the sandwiches on my way back.

Did an hour or two of sketching from observation, as a 'homework' for the class. Walked for 30 minutes, and relaxed, listened to podcasts, wrote here and read a bunch before going to sleep. Took a while to fall asleep because of assholes who were being super noisy outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.