I wrote a letter to the local representatives, and they responded to my message!

This will be short, I wasted all the time I should have been writing on looking up dance studios near me and trying to buy amazing grains only to back out from paying for them. Not that there's much to write.

As a part of the YIMBY volunteering I wrote to a bunch of local representatives about increasing and encouraging construction in Seattle and they wrote back. One of them did, suggesting I look at their initiatives they've undertaken, and that they're working hard towards the goal. It was probably autogenerated, or written by a college intern, but man how responsive are they, responding to a random person's email in a matter of a few days! And here I am trying to reach out to Nepali elected politicians and public servants for years without response.

What a positive outcome this has been for my wee little step towards greater political activism and participation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.