I have never experienced this cold in Seattle

Guys this is cold, so freaking cold here in Seattle! This weekend, the minimum temperature is going to go down to -12 Celsius, and that's without factoring in the wind chill! The maximum temp will hang around -5C or so, which is apparently the lowest highest daily temperature in Seattle in the last three decades.

I layered up on my walk yesterday. A regular jacket on the inside, after the standard t-shirt. On top of that was the classic two-layered jacket, one that makes me look like a puffin on a standard day. Had two layers of trousers on the bottom, and two caps. And I could still feel the wind. Even Costco's thick warm woolen socks didn't warm my feet, and I'm definitely not one of those always-cold people.

The one upside of the cold, if one can call it that even, is that sleep has been easy, far too easy actually. Even with the heating on high, all I have to do is tell myself I need to 'rest' and wrap the light blanket around me, and I'm deep in the hay in a moment's notice. Four hours later I wake up groggy and confused, uncertain what time or day it is, and worried about if I am late for work, even though I literally fell asleep after work.

The cold itself is not new, Boston's gotten much colder, and maybe even DC, what is new is experiencing this in Seattle, a town that's traditionally not known for the frrreezing weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.