Kodo pancakes, kimchi and achar for lunch, hella cold day, trying my kombuchas, drink cleanup, afternoon walk, many books in one day, rice and dal for dinner, snacks during meal, accidental sleep thanks to the cold [Fri 12]

Last day before a long weekend!

For lunch I had kodo pancakes with kimchi and achar. The pancakes were messed up because I didn't cover them quick enough, and let them 'break', so it was a good lesson to start them by covering first, and let the bottom brown later on. They're so good with kimchi and spicy sour achaar. Now if only I could arrange a good source of protein and greens, this would be the complete meal!

This was a really really cold day, like really really, and I did everything I could to warm myself, including drinking lots of teas, and trying my kombuchas. Update on the kombucha situation: the batch I bottled about six (?) months ago is coming towards its end, and I don't want to say it but good riddance, that one lasted forever. I need the bottles for more chhyang and jaar anyway, so it's all for the better.

Went to Volunteer park for walk, three rounds and back with knee compression pad, the pain's stopped. Finished Dunolop's book, started Rilke's book and finished listening to it, and began and end Man's search for meaning. Two Austrians in the same day, what are the chances!

Cooked daal for dinner, forgot to use pressure cooker, so it took me 2.5 hours. Cooked rice to go with it, pretty good. Because the cooking took so freaking long, I ended up eating mayo and pb sandwich while the daal cooked. Ugh, what a mess. Talked to dad during the cooking process.

I wanted to write, go out, have fun, but the cooking had tired me out so much I shut my eye for a moment at 9.30 ish in the living room. Next thing I know it's 4am and I am cold, ready to move into the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.