Clubbing alone, and the difference in vibes between performers

On Saturday I went to Kremwerk all  by myself because a friend had organized the show there. The plan was to go to Dance Yourself Clean but it's not the sort of place you go all by yourself...lots of college students and grad school peeps, it's not the 'give me my space, I give yours' vibe that I jive with, but Kremwerk is great, everybody does there own thing  there.

It was lovely, it really was. It's seems perhaps a bit strange to say it felt a bit like a dance class or a workout session but that's what it was like. Everybody was dancing to the music at their own pace, doing their own thing not being bothered, having fun and moving to the music. My kinda' vibes.

And then immediately after it was half past twelve, when the show ended -- I knew it ended only because the vibes change -- the tone was completely different, there were mostly couples, or people who wanted to be coupled up. It was not my scene, everyone was holding their 'ground' aggressively and it didn't seem like the sort of space one would go to dance. And so I left. Funny what a massive difference a performance and the performers make.

Good times were had, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.