I got vaxxxed

Good news everybody, as of today whatever day it is, I'm on the first dose of the pfizer vaccination against the evil vile virus of corona that has been destroying the global economy and taken millions of lives over the course of a year.

The side-effects were minimal: I was tired and and my left arm was sore for a day. That was it. An in ten days I'll be fully totally completely protected, until the second does strengthens the protection.

The second dose I'll have to take in Seattle as I'll be there in the requisite 21-days post the first jab. It's going to be fine, by then WA will have opened up the vax'es for everybody. Even if not, it'll not be a big issues as they've shown an impressive efficacy until 42 days of taking the first shot, and Boston will be an option well before that. No serious concerns there.

This was also the opportunity to be a part of a large-scale gathering of more than a dozen people the other day, catching up with people and all of that. I'll be writing a bit more on that, but the fact that most of us in the meet had at least one shot, and not insignificant number had both was a huge relief for everybody involved.

After the second vaccine, we'll all be free!

I'm never washing my hand again (!), as the joke goes.

Speaking of vaccines, we've encountered the best first-world problem to have at times like this: we're comparing the various vaxes we received, and who had it the best. The general consensus seems to be that Pfizer is the best one: there's minimal side effects, and also the fact that it needs expensive refrigeration probably means it's a 'premium' shot. Which I know is not true but let me live this one.

The second shot they say is going to have stronger side-effects, not eager for that, but what's a 2-day fever at 104F if that means I can hang around in large gatherings without serious concerns for my or other people's health.

Really looking forward to the Summer and the Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.